The EPIC Foundation Committees
The EPIC Foundation has various committees. The members of the committees are volunteers who are also members of The EPIC Foundation. The EPIC Foundation proudly believes in acknowledging the strengths, skills, and backgrounds from within the chronic illness community. We understand the loss of identity experience when living with a chronic illness and feel that it empowers us to do something that we are passionate about! The EPIC Foundation contains the following committees:
- Patient Support and Caregiver Support Committee: This committee makes sure that the EPIC Foundation maintains a connection with both the patients and the caregivers of those patients who seek support from us. Expect a periodic phone call from us, expect for us to advocate for patients publically, and expect educational materials that will help guide you through the process of living with a chronic illness.
- Medical Networking and Education Committee: This committee is responsible for reaching out to endocrinologists, surgeons, and other doctors that impact our population. People in this committee will actually gain the involvement of doctors towards the research, awareness, and improvement of the various chronic illness communities. This committee seeks to bridge the gap between medical doctors and patients and also mental health professionals and patients.This committee also aims to educate the general public about Cushing’s and related illnesses and other chronic illnesses. Additionally, this committee actively participates in academic research of literature on the various chronic illnesses we service. For members looking for empirical research on a particular aspect of your illness, this committee can assist with that. Reach out to them and give them an opportunity to do the research and get back to you. Also, if you have research, articles, or valuable materials that you would like to share with this committee, please feel free to contact them.
If you are a medical professional or mental health professional and are interested in joining us in this effort and desire to form connectedness with the community, please contact us. We are beyond interested in working with you!
- Mental Health, Emotional Support, and Advocacy Committee: This committee is here to provide emotional support to you during this trying time. The committee consists of mental health professionals and paraprofessionals who are committed to being a safe place for you.This committee has volunteers in every state throughout the country that plan support group meetings. These meetings take place every month. The committee is here for you through every tragic loss and every painful step. There are support groups for both patients and caregivers.
This committee will also help you to learn more about your illness, help members learn key tips for fundraising for your own medical expenses, walk you through finding the right doctors, and/ or walk you through insurance issues. Our insurance specialist is committed to helping you understand what your rights are as a consumer of your insurance plan and as a patient.
If you are having insurance issues, battling some part of your medical journey, and/or are interested in joining a support group for patients or caregivers, please contact our On-Staff Social Worker, Alicia Held, MSW. We are here to help! Alicia can be reached via e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 888-862-5554 Ext. 704 Toll Free
- Website maintenance committee: This committee handles all aspects of maintaining the EPIC website. If you have a question pertaining to our website, you can contact the chair and she will return your inquiry at her earliest convenience.The Director of this Committee is Amber Nicholas-Patterson, MS.Ed. She can be reached at email@example.com or Toll Free at 888-862-5554 Ext. 713
- Legacy Committee: This committee is solely responsible for honoring the legacy of those we have lost in the community. This committee will specifically focus on honoring those legacies in the most respectful way! It is important to us at The EPIC Foundation that we give honor to your loved one! If you have a friend or loved one who has passed away and you don’t see him/her on our legacy page, please feel free to contact us to allow us to honor your precious loved one!
- Convention Planning Committee: This committee actively works on planning the annual convention for EPIC. The committee consists of members of the organization who are committed to making sure that all of the details of the convention come together, with the first annual convention in August, 2018!
- Development Committee: If you are interested in talking with someone about donating to The EPIC Foundation, this is the committee that you should contact. This committee focuses on obtaining adequate funds that are needed to provide the vital services that The EPIC Foundation offers to the chronic illness community.The Development Committee plans fundraising events that are open to sponsors and potential members who would like to see, up close, what The EPIC Foundation represents.
Please reach out if you have any comments or questions about funding for The EPIC Foundation.
Carolyn Pilgrom is the Chair of the Development Committee. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or Toll Free at 888-862-5554 Ext. 703
- Social Media, Engagement, and Publicity Committee: This committee helps to maintain a relationship between The EPIC Foundation and the public. The EPIC Foundation wants to ensure that our members’ voices are heard.Our desire to have a presence is solely based on wanting to gain visibility of these chronic illnesses, many of them are rare and some of them are life threatening. Visibility helps save lives! Social media is a vital part of our outreach efforts to our members as well as our efforts to help our voices to become stronger!
Additionally, Dr. Karen engages in presentations to the public, medical community, and fellow warriors. Her motivational talks are meant to inspire others to move through adversity and recognize themselves for the warriors they really are.
If you would like to schedule a speaking engagement, interview, or another public appearance with Dr. Karen and The EPIC Foundation, please contact this committee.
The Director of this Committee is Autumn Boyet Stinton. She can be reached via e mail at email@example.com or phone at 888-862-5554 Ext. 719 Toll Free
If you are a member of The Epic Foundation and are interested in volunteering/participating in one of the aforementioned committees, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-862-5554 Toll Free.
Together, We are EPIC! #EPICTogether